General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We are fully committed to client confidentiality and protecting your personal information. We have appointed a member of this company as our Information Officer and representative for data-protection matters.
Nickie Elenor- Managing Director
Phone: 0115 870 0150
We will need to deal with (‘process’) your personal information so that we can provide legal services to you. This privacy notice tells you what we will do with that information, and your legal rights in relation to it under the GDPR or other data-protection laws which may apply.
What are your rights?
- As a ‘data subject’, you have the following legal rights.
- Right of access – you have the right to ask for a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have the right to correct any information we hold about you that is not accurate or complete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances, you can ask for personal information we hold about you to be erased from our records. (If we have another legal obligation to keep your information which would mean that we could not do this, we will explain that to you if you make such a request.)
- Right to restriction of processing – in certain circumstances, you might be able to restrict how we process your information.
- Right of portability – if we hold certain types of personal information about you, you may have the right to have it transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing, such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to important decisions being made about you, or anything about you being evaluated, by an automated process without any human involvement.
We will also send all of the above requests to anyone else we have shared your information with, and we will always try to respond to you within one month of receiving your request.
If we have asked for your specific permission (consent) to have and use your personal information, you can withdraw that consent at any time by contacting the lawyer dealing with your case or by phoning us or emailing us.
This will not affect any processing of your personal information which we have done before you withdraw your consent.
We will ask you some questions to check your identity, and to allow us to note in our records that you have withdrawn your consent.
If you want to withdraw your permission for receiving marketing communications, you can do that by using the ‘unsubscribe facility’ in the communication itself (emails); by emailing us on our web page at email@example.com; or by contacting us using the above phone number or email address.
We may have to pass on your personal information to other people or organisations to provide our services to you.
Whenever possible, we will only share your personal information with them on a confidential basis. If we do share information, we will keep to our data-security standards.
Your personal information – and why we need it
We will need to collect some personal information about you to form a relationship and so we can create and maintain proper records and provide our services. This information will include your, full name; date of birth; address (business and personal); email address; financial details; and phone number.
Data-protection laws say that we have to have a legal basis for processing your information. In most cases, we will only process your personal information, so we can carry out our contract with you, or to take any steps you ask us to before entering into a contract with you; as necessary to keep to any legal obligations we may have; or where necessary in the legitimate interests of this firm or someone else, as long as those interests take priority over your own rights in the circumstances.
If none of these reasons applies, we may have to ask for your specific permission.
We will only collect or handle this personal information if we need to so we can provide our services to you.
If we collect personal information about you from a source other than you (unless you already have that information, the law says we can’t, or it is confidential), we will tell you what that information is; and where it has come from.
If the information is wrong or incomplete, you will be entitled to ask us to correct it.
If we are allowed by law, we may use your details to contact you with information about our services or legal developments we think may interest you. You can tell us at any time not to send you these messages.
How long do we keep your information?
We will need to keep your personal information for different time periods, depending on the nature and the purpose (or purposes) for which it was collected.
Your domain name and e-mail address
This information is recognised by our servers and the pages that you visit are recorded. We shall not under any circumstances, divulge your e-mail address to any person who is not an employee or contractor of ours, and who does not need to know.
This information is used, to correspond with you; for the quality control and improvement of our site; to send you news about the services to which you have signed up; to tell you about our services.
Website usage information
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive through your web browser when you visit any web site. They are widely used to make web sites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Like all other users of cookies, we may request the return of information from your computer when your browser requests a web page from our server. Cookies enable our web server to identify you to us, and to track your actions and the pages you visit while you use our website. The cookies we use may last for a single visit to our site (they are deleted from your computer when you close your browser), or may remain on your computer until you delete them or until a defined period has passed.
- to allow essential parts of our web site to operate for you.
- to operate our content management system.
- to operate the online notification form – the form that you use to contact us for any reason. This cookie is set on your arrival at our web site and deleted when you close your browser.
- to enhance security on our contact form. It is set for use only through the contact form. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
- to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to improve your experience of our site and enable us to increase sales. This cookie collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, and the pages they visited.
- to store your personal information so that you do not have to provide it afresh when you visit the site next time.
- to enable you to watch videos we have placed on YouTube. YouTube will not store personally identifiable cookie information when you use YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode.
Use of site by children
We do not market to children, nor do we sell products or services for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use our site only with consent from a parent or guardian.
Disclosure to Government and their agencies
We may be required to give information to legal authorities if they request, or if they have the proper authorisation.
Review or update or remove personally identifiable information
You may review or update the information that we hold about you, or if you wish, request the removal of any information about you from our website.
Transferring your information to another country
If the work we are doing for you means we need to transfer your personal information to another country, we will discuss this with you beforehand.
How you can complain
If you want to make a complaint about how we are processing your personal information, or you are not satisfied with how we have handled your complaint, you can raise the matter direct with our Information Officer, or with the ICO.
Information Commissioner’s Office:
Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire
Phone: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545 745